We require a Project Manager to be responsible for delivering projects on time within budget and scope
Department: Project Management
Project Location(s): Cambridge, UK
- Plan, manage, control and deliver assigned projects on time, within budget and to or in excess of expected quality specifications.
- Execute professional and effective planning and control of projects including regular monitoring, risk analysis and issues tracking, change control and contingency planning, to maintain the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Take financial responsibility for tracking the project (resource and related cost utilisation versus budget) and ensure that any changes which might affect the financial profile of the projects are managed, under change control and reported.
- Produce regular highlight or exception reports.
- With the support of the Service Delivery Manager, direct and motivate the project team as required.
- Produce & maintain project schedules and other deliverable documentation as required by the Civica project delivery methodology.
- Take responsibility for overall progress of assigned projects.
- Initiate and communicate exception handling and corrective actions where necessary.
- Co-ordinate project tasks with internal, external and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Coordinate or directly agree the acceptance criteria with all stakeholders for all deliverables.
- Create additional documentation which may include:Statement of Works for new project deliverables including infrastructure and software deployments and major work packages.
- ,Work Packages for minor infrastructure, software or equipment upgrades or software version migrations.
- – Proposals and business cases for internal approval.
- Ensure that SiteLog (time recording) entries for assigned projects maintained accurately and accessible for time recording by those resources assigned to work on them.
- Maintain continuous, proactive and effective communications with all Civica personnel involved in the delivery of assigned projects.
- Contribute to the periodic review and revision of implementation management processes and document templates.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of software implementations in a local government environment.
- PRINCE2 certification to Foundation level.
- Microsoft Office Product Suite competence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizing ability.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to inform and persuade others.
- Ability to set / manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment.
- Good understanding of technical detail.
- Ability to change priorities at short notice, managing consequential impacts and expectations.
- Clean UK Driving license with willingness to work away / stay overnight from home, including outside of the UK.
- Willingness to undergo a DBS check
- PRINCE2 practitioner (current)
Sound understanding and experience of the payments industry.