Electric Vehicle Project Manager
Department: Operations, Electric Vehicle Department
Reports To: Head of Operations
Project Location(s): West Yorkshire
- Key Purpose of RoleTo be the overall lead of the Electric Vehicle charging department including business development, project management and end to end leadership of the team.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To develop this business across the market place, developing effective relationships with clients and seeking out new opportunities.
- To own the end to end program delivery including, design, programme of works and delivery of all target in line with customer requirements.
- To manage planning and deployment of appropriate resource including when required recruitment, ensuring that workstacks are managed, service is delivered within agreed SLAs and in the most efficient way possible.
- To build strong and effective relationships with direct reports, clients and key stakeholders in order to deliver first class service.
- Responsible for all commercial elements of the department, including P&L delivery, delivery against contract requirements, controlling and managing costs and compensation events.
- To lead a team of coordinators, engineers as and when the department grows.
- To act as a role model for the team and colleagues instilling SDH company values.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and ongoing development of all direct reports. This is to include performance management where required.
- Overall owner of all health and safety requirements along with ensuring the wellbeing of all direct reports. Responsible in creating and instilling a safety culture across the team.
- To own and grow the financial performance of the department including driving down operational costs wherever possible.
- To ensure all requirements of the contract are delivered within agreed SLAs and ensure all customer requirements are met including compliance.
- Strong Health and Safety awareness.
- Proven track record in leading the build of full fibre networks.
- Proven track record as a leader delivering within the Telecoms industry.
- Significant experience in leading field-based engineering teams across a large geography.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Experienced in managing a P&L in excess of £30m.
- Strong project management experience including being able to create and manage a programme of works.
- Outstanding leadership, communications and organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate oneself and a team of both field based and desk based employees.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong understanding of fibre networks and build.
- Experience in delivering to, and challenging, stakeholders up to Director level.
- Extensive knowledge and experience around operational grip.
- Act as a point of contact with the client and work closely with them building strong and effective relationships.
- Results driven with a track record of delivering sustainable performance within a challenging, dynamic, fast pasted environment.
- Strong understanding of HR people management processes and how they are effectively implemented by the business.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Team player with the ability to work across departments to get the job done.
- Proven track record in delivering change.
- English, Math’s, IT, Excel – A strong understanding of all
- Strong understanding of fibre networks
- Programme Management and planning